Wednesday, August 12, 2009

America's Next Top Model?


Sock Monkey Ranch had some very special visitors today, but because of a confidentiality agreement, we are unable to give you names.  Let's just say someone who wasn't Tyra Banks...but looked a lot like her, and someone with a camera who wasn't Nigel Barker, but looked a lot like him stopped by for lemonade on the veranda.

We were all havin' a pleasant visit when the Nigel look-alike  started making this little square thing with his hands and looking at Miss Millie real funny.  Then he asked her if he could "shoot" her.

Well, Miss Millie, being the cowgirl that she is was ready to draw down on him in the middle of the street until he explained that he meant take her picture.

They had lots of fun with different poses, and Ms. Not Tyra Banks selected her favorite pictures from all Miss Millie's frames (that's photography/model talk). She said Miss Millie had "fierce eyes" in this picture.

 Miss Millie is not going to be signed by the top modeling agency in New York, nor will she win a photo layout in Cover Girl, but we're mighty proud of our Sock Monkey Ranch Top Model.

5 comments:

  1. Boy, is she cute! Look out! A new Diva is in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I finally found you. You emailed me years ago. I live in WI. Your monkeys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, I'm happy to report that Miss Millie is remaining the same sweet, humble gal she's always been. I was afraid the experience might go to her head, but it hasn't.

    I did hear Dusty remark in passing that it was no surprise to him that Miss Millie was chosen to be a model. Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I'm so glad you found your way to Sock Monkey Ranch! I think there must be a built-in homing gene that eventually leads all sock monkey lovers to the ranch. Hope you had time to poke around and check out Miss Millie's diary, Dusty's journal and Tumbleweed's Tall Tales and I hope you will come back often...and bring your friends!

    Everyone's welcome at the ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your monkeys and I think what your doing is really inspirational and I really think that getting into this craft would be a real amazing thing to do because it seems so fun and happy.

    Keep it up,
    Baruka

    ReplyDelete